1.3 Pre-Release is Ready Now!
Download the 1.3 Pre-Release: Click here to download
Yes, modders and texture pack artists can breathe a sigh of relief: the 1.3 Pre-Release is finally here! Rather than cover every nuance of the previous Snapshots, let's look at the most salient changes in 1.3:
- The game now runs an internal server in single-player mode
- The single-player server can be shared on LAN, with LAN server detection
- Made it possible to use client-side commands by enabling cheats (this is defaulted as disabled for old worlds)
- Added an optional “bonus chest” to get started quicker
- It’s now possible to trade with villagers. Added emeralds as a currency
- You gain enchantment orbs from other tasks than just destroying monsters. Max enchantment level has been decreased to 30
- Servers can automatically suggest and distribute texture packs
- Added new world map elements (does not need a new map, but they’ll only appear in new areas)
- Added cocoa beans
- Added an Ender chest
- Added tripwire
- Stairs and levers can be placed up-side-down
- Wooden logs can be placed sideways
Additionally, Mojang is hosting a special contest! What is it about? Well, let's hear what they have to say:
That is pretty sweet! Think you have what it takes to make a 30-second 1.3 commercial? Give it a shot - you just might win!
Didn't get a chance to see the debut of MineTV, but still want to see the interview with Mojang's Marc Watson? Click this link to see the full interview!
MCX360 Fix Incoming - Pistons & More
MCX360 will be getting a fix in the near future, with a particular focus on piston-related crashes, some rendering issues, and a host of other minor bugs. The fix may take up to two weeks for deployment, but once it does, it will automatically update the MCX360 client on its own. Keep an eye here for future updates!